Pentair LL505G Kreepy Krauly Legend Pressure-Side Inground Pool Cleaner, Grey Top, White Bottom Cleaner for Lighter Colored Pools
- Front-wheel drive and treaded tires for maximum traction on inclined surfaces for total pool coverage
- Four-wheel design prevents tipping (common with 3-wheel cleaners) for uninterrupted and unattended performance for pool care 101
- Large intake throat and high-capacity bag handle large debris with ease
- Available with gray or white housings
- After reading the most positive reviews here I purchased the LL505G Kreepy Krauly (Mar 14, 2017). It arrived in three days (with Prime), in perfect shape, and I got it installed this past weekend. This cleaner replaced a similarly designed 10+-year-old Pentair Letro Legend Platinum which came with the pool, but whose glory days were now memories. In the Letro's healthier years I was happy with its service, and always liked the four-wheel design, versus three on Polaris models. The Letro rarely tipped on its side unless the ballast-bulb needed replacement or the debris bag was too full.
- My first impression of this product was positive - it looks well made, good quality plastic, a nice clip to hold the bag onto the unit, etc. Then when I installed it, I thought I had made a mistake buying this model. It would sit in one part of the pool against the side and just oscillate left and right all day long. My thinking was that the three-wheel design would have been much better because the asymmetry would help it get out of these conditions. So I gave up on it, thinking I'd passed the return window and would need to save for another model.
- This is my second Legend pool cleaner and I couldn't be happier. The first one I had was the original Letro Legend with the heavy treaded tires, it kind of looked like a miniature Hummer but a different body. It lasted 13 years and I could have probably replaced a few more parts for another couple of years.
- Debated whether to go with the electric models, but already had the boost pump for this. I basically ordered the same thing I had previously, which lasted eight short seasons (Short summers up north). The old one was failing and wearing out in many respects. I was going to rebuild the old one, but the cost of the rebuild kit and my labor, I decided to go with a new one. I expected this new one to move much faster since it is new, but it doesn't.
The Legend provides added cleaning power with an energy-efficient booster pump at a value price. The Legend Series innovative design is the key to faster and more reliable cleaning. Hydrodynamic body and treaded wheels give them superior traction and stability in any inground pool. And, their powerful vacuum action easily removes large debris and even twigs and pebbles.